Tourism Accommodation Development


Any collective accommodation development requires a licence from the Malta Tourism Authority. Collective accommodation includes hotels, and other hotel-type accommodation establishments like apart-hotels, serviced apartments, hostels, guest houses, boutique hotels, tourist villages and other similar establishments as decreed by the Authority.


Chapter 409- Travel and Tourism Services Act

Subsidiary Legislation 409.04- Tourism Accommodation Establishments Regulations



Information about obtaining Collective Accommodation Development licence can be found here.


An application can be filed online by following the link.

Competent Authority

Please click here for more info.


last updated May 2023

Skip to content