Playing of Amplified Music in Tourism Establishment

A permit is required to play amplified music, musical instruments and/or use loudspeakers and/or amplifiers in a bar or restaurant. A sound engineer report is required to confirm that soundproofing measures have been installed.


Subsidiary Legislation 409.15- Catering Establishments Regulations


Information about obtaining a permit to play amplified music, musical instruments and, or the use of loudspeakers and, or amplifiers in licensed premises. can be found here.



An application can be filed online by following this link.


Competent Authority

Malta Tourism Authority 


last updated Oct 2022

Skip to content